I had this idea that I would make something of everything from our wedding. Determined to make our money go further and try to make the house more homey in the process (a double whammy I thought!), this was my plan and I was sticking to it. Well, plans don’t always go ahead do they?
I loved my wedding flowers so so much (Anemones were my flower of choice) and after trawling around Pinterest and reading plenty of “Look how easy it is to press your wedding bouquet” articles, I decided to give it a go.
The week after our wedding I got to work. I was very kindly leant a flower press from a friend and I went about hacking some stems straight away.
So why am I only just writing about this now? Well, I’ve only just remembered it!
I had read it takes a while for the flowers to dry out and become appropriately flat, so I placed the flower press in our lounge drawer for safe keepings, only to re-discover this week whilst having a clear out.
However, it didn’t quite work. Obviously I’m not quite as crafty as I’d like to think I am, but on this occasion the flowers simply turned to mush and have turned a terribly angry red colour that I don’t care to frame!
But I tried.
So, I may not be able to physically hang the flowers on the wall and proudly present them as home decor, but I do have these pictures I took on the day, and I guess that will have to do for now. Perhaps I’ll try it again when Joe next buys me some flowers (hint hint Joey! hehe) so any tips on how to do a better job next time, throw them my way! Until my next crafty attempt everyone…