An Update on Bedroom 3 (aka Dust Central)

An Update on Bedroom 3 (aka Dust Central)

Hello! Me again with another quick update for Bedroom 3!

It almost looks like real walls now! Well, from the images here, they almost look cartoon-like, but still, it ain’t brick and that’s all jolly good with me. We’ve decided that we’re going to get it skimmed with plaster in the near future which means that this room should be completed by the end of the summer. It just makes me want to get my scruffs out and get painting. Like, NOW!

Plaster work

Plaster work

Plaster work

As always, I asked Joe what he’d done to the walls as more often than not I come home from work, and he’s working on some sort of DIY – I’m a lucky lady.

“I’ve applied the joint filler over the scrim tape with a trowel to fill the joints. That’s it really.” 

And there you have it! A fine explanation from Joe I’m sure you’ll agree. 🙂

Of course, he’s being modest. He’s also ordered some gorgeous plug sockets for when the room is done and cut up the wood for the skirting boards and the door architrave but this won’t be needed until the plastering is done and dusted – pun intended.

Speaking of dust, thankfully we’ve had some warm weather as of late, so the windows has been left open to gradually air out the dust upstairs this project has created (It’s one thing to find spirit levels and screws in my make-up  drawer but quite another to find dust in my hairdryer). By doing this, we’ve also realised that under said pile of dust were floorboards that aren’t so great. I think replacing a few of these may be the next addition to Joe’s “To-do” list.

Floorboard

Floorboard

To the untrained eye it looks like a beige pile of nothing, but every day it’s starting to look more like our new office/bedroom!

Follow: