So blogging has taken a back seat to life this past fortnight. Sorry!
In a nutshell, here’s my excuse:
After Jeany died I couldn’t even stick around for her to be buried as I was sent to London with work for a few days on business. I then finished working for that company at the end of the week and went to Leeds to visit Joe’s sister for her birthday at the weekend. I then started a new job the following week (yay!) and went away this weekend for Joe’s sister’s wedding – which was amazing.
Needless to say, we’ve been busy and I’ve simply not had time to blog, or had all that much to blog about! The house hasn’t changed a smidge in the past 10 or so days. I’d even say it’s a bit messier from all the packing/unpacking.
Here’s what we are going to be working on this April (fingers crossed)…
- Joe has hit a wall with the bathroom and getting the shower in. It’s definitely about time we got in some professional help.
- The house opposite ours is currently having a new driveway built. Their old gates are no longer needed so they offered them to us for free, as they were just going to scrap them anyway. We, of course, thanked them wildly, giggling like Hyenas who had just won the lottery (we must have looked like utter geeks) and now we just need to find a way to make them fit. Some new posts perhaps? Either way, it looks like we may get a gate up soon – stop all those dogs attacking our front garden with their ass.
- This weekend, we were given the centre piece from our table at the wedding to take home. It currently has a candle and stones in it, but as soon as the candle burns out, I’m going to make one of my dreams come true: fill it to the top with peanut butter M&Ms and have it on the dining room table. 24/7 access to my my favourite sweet. (If a future fat me is reading this, I’m sorry)
- I’m also looking for a place to host this piggy bank. It was one of the activities on the hen weekend for the wedding. I painted it, and gave it a moustache for Joe. It’s going to be a starter for our kitchen fund. Or perhaps a ‘cash to get the bathroom finished’ fund. I haven’t decided yet.
- I’m also on clearout duty this month. Before we can get any other major jobs done, I need to stop being such a hoarder and carry on chucking/recycling/donating general stuff. I’m hoping to do my wardrobe as part of this which is surely going to be painful. Wish me luck!